Monday, October 16, 2017

Root - The Temple in the Underworld (1992)


Czech old-school black/heavy metal. Epic, occult riff-fests with powerful, dynamic vocals ranging from a deep baritone to a throaty, emotive midrange to a disgusted rasp. Root is by no means an obscure band, but I'm sure at least a few of you have slept on 'em, so lucky you, you get to hear 'em for the first time right now!

Track listing:
1. Intro
2. Casilda's Song
3. The Temple in the Underworld
4. Aposiopesis
5. The Solitude
6. Voices from...
7. The Wall
8. The Old Ones
9. Message
10. My Name...

I rush through purple mist
Fury in my eyes, beast of prey's look
I make my way through shrubs of skeletons
My target is just round the corner


You should also hear:
Acheron -
Rites of the Black Mass (1991)
Decayed - The Conjuration
of the Souther Circle
(1993)

2 comments: