Monday, January 15, 2018

Vernon Reid, Elliott Sharp, David Torn - GTR OBLQ (1998)


Previously on OPIUM HUM:
David Torn - Cloud About Mercury (1987)
David Torn, Mick Karn, & Terry Bozzio - Polytown (1994)
David Torn - What Means Solid, Traveller? (1996)

Abstract, experimental fusion from a group of highly accomplished guitarists. Sonically varied and texturally rich, with some glitchy programmed drums and full-on shredding pyrotechnics.

Track listing:
1. The Sentinel
2. Achrono Mites
3. Slightly East
4. Reflections Of
5. Vidya & Itch
6. Xenomorph
7. Valse Oblique

Applause

You might also like:
Steve Tibbetts -
The Fall of Us All (1994)
Tunnels -
Painted Rock (1999)

3 comments:

  1. The phrase, "full-on shredding pyrotechnics" nearly scared me off. But given that I love all three of these guys I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, in retrospect, that might scare me off, too. Oh well, I refuse to put any more effort into my writing than I already do.

      Delete